There is one thing we all have in common, we HATE losing money! According to The Insurance Institute for Business & Home Safety (“IBHS”), ‘Water loss and damages related to washing machine failure contribute to an average loss in excess of $5,308 per incident.’ In order to protect your property from such costly damages it is important to both identify the causes and remain educated on products that can help prevent washing machine failure.
What Can You Do To Avoid The Damage Caused By Washing Machine Failure?
- Tighten the hose connection if it feels loose. The most common site of failure is near the connection where the hose bends.
- Look for signs that the supply hose may be ready to fail. Blisters in the hose, worn tubing, stress cracks or a loose connection are all warning signs that failure is eminent.
- Replace supply hoses every five years, even if there is no obvious deterioration or wear. Some signs of deterioration may occur from the inside out and may not be visible until it is too late.
- When replacing washing machine supply hoses, always choose a reinforced steel braided hose over the traditional rubber hose. These hoses will last longer and are far less likely to result in a catastrophic water loss.
- To further reduce the risk, Install an Automatic Washing Machine Shutoff Valve with Floor Mounted Leak Sensor. The shutoff valve senses current flow. It opens the hot and cold valves when the machine is turned on and closes them when the machine is turned off. The valve’s automatic operation and floor mounted leak sensor protects against costly water damage.
JB Enterprise is here to help property managers avoid disastrous washing machine failure. Along with supply hoses and connections, we stock a full supply of Automatic Washing Machine Shutoff Valves complete with floor mounted leak sensors.
Give us a call today to get the equipment you need to protect your property. In most cases we can fulfill your order same day! Don’t take the loss!